Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My first auto race in 2022

July 17, 2022 07:57AM
Last night in Madera, Ca. It wasn't the star attraction car classes... the ole' Toyota League where the cars look like they were just involved in a 100 car freeway pileup and some limited stocks who don't look much better. It was also 106º at 7pm so the crowd, to say the least, was light. BUT...

Both the main events had fantastic fights for the lead on the last laps of their respective main events.. proving that it's not the car - it's the competition.

We were all rooting for "Haley".. she's a Jr. in High School... and won her heat race. Didn't do very well in the main but I think she had engine problems. She was in the stock car class and these cars ARE fast.. hitting about 100mph in the straights... so it's not for the light-hearted. She held her own... in the semi she was in 2nd with 10 laps to go and inching up... on the second to last lap she took a bad line into turn 2 (it's an oval), and lost just enough too put her a half car behind going into the last lap... she HAD to risk it all.. and she DID!!!! In turn 3 she drove it in hard... got thru 3 but going into 4 she lost the back end and spun out. The crowd, light though they were, gave her a standing ovation.

And I have to add this.... a miraculous coincidence: WOO, ( Word of Outlaws, GREAT racing and if you've never seen them DO SO), are coming to my local area in Sept. Football season for two of my grandsons.. bummer... but we checked the coming football schedule and lo & behold the day they are racing is our Bye Week! We're going to see WOO come September.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My first auto race in 2022

JamesJM153July 17, 2022 07:57AM