Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watched the movie 'Old Henry'....

March 03, 2022 03:50PM
I have really liked Tim Blake Nelson, the actor, since "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"... he was brilliant in that movie... BUT.... he did fit the character to a tee. So not sure how much was 'acting'. laughing smiley No matter... enjoyed him in "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" although his 'tale' was my least favorite of the 6....

Saw he was the star of "Old Henry" so I rented it... me and my 12 yr old grandson.. home to ourselves so we could turn the sound up, kill the lights in the house, and enjoy an 'inappropriate' movie for a 12 yr old without interference. laughing smiley

Interesting movie... top quality? Ehhh, no, it's not that... BUT, it was over the top violent fun... (as you know I'm not fond of violence in movies for the most part). Some mystery involved in the movie... and it aggravates me to no end when a blessed 12 yr old beats me to the punch, but he did. The movie moves slowly.... trying a bit too hard to be what it's not, IMHO.

But here's the thing... and it's utter humiliation.... the clues were overly abundant....throughout the film... I didn't catch on... I was TOO focused on yakking with my grandson about things like "Hey, I would have taken the shotgun NOT the stupid revolver".... and "Stupid mistake, stick to the trees when you're trying to escape"... things like that... so when the 'big reveal' came I was, "HOLY CRAP, didn't see that coming". Well, actually I did BUT not until JUST before the big reveal.

Great to share a movie with a 12yr old... who still 'understands' and has yet to enter those teen years when they go completely kookie-putz. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watched the movie 'Old Henry'....

JamesJM112March 03, 2022 03:50PM

Re: Watched the movie 'Old Henry'....

waterfield96March 03, 2022 06:55PM

You got it, Waterfield....

JamesJM93March 03, 2022 07:19PM

Re: You got it, Waterfield....

waterfield121March 03, 2022 08:09PM

Re: Watched the movie 'Old Henry'....

SeattleRam76March 05, 2022 12:49PM