Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Football thru the eyes of a pre-teen...

January 03, 2022 06:30AM
My oldest daughter's family, Bronco fans, and my youngest daughter's family, Charger fans... went to SoFi yesterday for the game.

I stayed home for one very obvious reason and some not so obvious reasons. Obvious - no chance was I going to miss the Rams game yesterday. Not so obvious.. I detest crowds, congestion. Funny thing... my family reported that LA was deserted. No crowds... anywhere! Not at the beach, not on the freeways, not at the game. Covid? I don't know. Another not so obvious reason, I currently have Covid (not to worry, mild symptoms).

During the game, and as you would expect, I was in constant contact with my family - text, FaceTime. Elijah, my youngest grandchild was attending his 2nd NFL game but the first since being old enough to really 'get it'. He's 12. What a day for him... in full Charger gear and I mean FULL... he saw his Chargers pretty much trounce the Bronco's AND... witnessed maybe the longest kickoff return for a TD in the NFL this year?

Gotta admit... not happy with Stafford yesterday the steady stream of photos of Elijah live at SoFi, enjoying the game, calmed me considerably. It put things better into perspective for me 'football-wise'.... Ram's are in the playoffs, life is good. laughing smiley

The ups and down come out well in that photo... Elijah, Charger fan, reacting to a Charger TD and in the orange cap my son-in-law's, Bronco fan, reaction

I'm a blessed man.. wonderful family. And we are 'football people'... as you no doubt are aware with my constant posts about grandson football. laughing smiley I love this game.

Here's Elijah scoring the winning TD in the second OT of one of this year's playoff games.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Football thru the eyes of a pre-teen... Attachments

JamesJM117January 03, 2022 06:30AM

By the way...

JamesJM74January 03, 2022 06:45AM