Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Somber topic... Jennifer Teege

January 02, 2022 05:19AM
Know her? I did not, until yesterday at which time I came across her by accident. I watched a Youtube in which she was interviewed about a book she had just written, (at that time).

She is the granddaughter of Amon Göth. If the name doesn't ring a bell - he's the Nazi monster featured in Spielberg's film "Schindler's List". Anything dealing with the holocaust is difficult for me to handle, as I'm sure it is for all of you.

Jennifer knew nothing about her grandfather, had no idea she was related to him, until making a sudden discovery in a library when she picked up a book, quite by chance, and saw a picture of her grandmother... and thus learned of her family history. How would one react to such a discovery about your own life? I can't imagine.

Minutes into the youtube, (there are several videos of her), I was sucked in... not to hear about Nazi's, or even her grandfather, but rather drawn in by her. I liked her instantly.... and as the video progressed I came to think I had never seen a more sincere, honest, down to earth person in my life. She speaks in words and emotion that I can only describe as 'human'. Not like an author, or a historian, or even a person being interviewed, which she was.

If this kind of thing interests you then I highly recommend any of her interviews on Youtube. Obviously you may not get the same impression of her that I did... but I'd be quite surprised if you didn't.

She has a wonderful quote that I'm not is actually hers... but never the less.... she says, "You inherit responsibility, not guilt". Amazing woman. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Somber topic... Jennifer Teege

JamesJM247January 02, 2022 05:19AM

I'll have to watch that. Goth was worse than Hitler, IMO.

Ramgator56January 02, 2022 02:48PM