Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We did! It was this past Friday!

December 14, 2021 02:41PM
We just went this past Friday night. It was pretty cool, actually. The whole event was about an hour and kinda pricey. We had 4 first class seats and it cost $323. They weren't even the most expensive seats!!. The train didn't travel very far (from Union Station to just north of the Arch and back). We were given golden tickets. Our conductor punched out a happy face on Everett's ticket. There were waiters in white hats and coats who came out and sang and danced as they passed out hot chocolate, just like in the movie. We also got huge chocolate chip cookies and because we had First Class seats, we got a commemorative mug. Santa got on the train at the "North Pole" and he stopped to talk to us for a few minutes. He and his helper handed out the infamous reindeer bell to all the passengers. There must have been multiple Santas... one for each train car... because there's no way one Santa could have visited all the cars in that short of a time. We were in the Caribou Crossing car. My grandson was in his Nightmare Before Christmas pj's. He was pretty excited but whenever he has a chance to talk to Santa.. no matter where we are... he gets dumb-struck and can't/won't speak. All he could do when Santa tried to talk to him was ring his bell! I asked Santa if he got Everett's letter. Santa said "yes, I got your letter and the elves have been working very hard to get you what you want". When Everett wasn't looking... I nodded vigorously at Santa so he'd know the score. When Santa handed me my bell, he said, 'You've been on my NICE list for years!". So cool.

Not all the photos on the Polar Express at Union Station were taken this year but will give you an idea of what it was like. It was great fun.

[www.facebook.com]

Some cities don't have the Polar Express, exactly, but they have something similar called "The Christmas Express" or "The Holiday Train". Some of them are as much as 2-4 hours in length! But here's a list and links to all the cities where the Polar Express is located this year:

[www.raileventsinc.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2021 03:15PM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mama. Did you ever do that Polar Express Train ride?

Ramgator118December 14, 2021 02:05PM

We did! It was this past Friday!

MamaRAMa80December 14, 2021 02:41PM

$323 for four people is actually not TOOO bad.

Ramgator46December 14, 2021 02:50PM

The movie makes me think of my Dad.

Ramgator64December 14, 2021 03:02PM