Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: UUUGH!! Our Fridge is dying! That's not.......COOL!!! Gotta get a new one. nm

December 09, 2021 06:33AM
The problem may not be in what brand of refrigerator to get... but in the availability of ANY brand. I've heard that buying large appliances these days isn't easy due to the supply chain issues and that people are having to wait weeks and even months to get them. Lots of stuff is back-ordered. We bought a new dryer from Lowe's in April, 2020. The pandemic had begun but there weren't supply chain issues at that time. Lowe's delivered the dryer but they wouldn't bring it into the house or install it. They dropped it off in our garage and we were on our own to get it into the house and installed. We have an appliance dolly but there's no way Frank and I could do that ourselves. I got my ex son-in-law to install it for me. I have a Whirlpool refrigerator that Frank and I bought about 20 years ago. We've been pretty happy with it. The ice maker doesn't work right and I've had it "repaired" a couple of times. It still doesn't work quite right. It makes ice ok but every now and then, water drips into the tray down the back and then I have HUGE blocks of ice in the tray that I have to bust with an ice pick. Not ideal but I can live with it. Parts are expensive. Last December I had to replace a crisper drawer that had cracked and it was $105. I thought that was pricey but I needed it.
If my 'frig was dying, I'd replaced it before it expired. A couple of months ago the heating & air conditioning company I use told me my hot water heater was living on borrowed time. It's the one that was installed when my house was built in 1994. Rather than wait for it to go out, I said, well... let's replace it NOW! The hot water heaters the plumber uses were on back order and took several weeks to come in. But it finally arrived and they replaced it... and I'm good to go. I'd rather take care of it BEFORE it goes out if it's on its deathbed and is heading that way anyhow.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

UUUGH!! Our Fridge is dying! That's not.......COOL!!! Gotta get a new one. nm

Ramgator104December 09, 2021 04:06AM

This is where I miss SEARS. This will be the first appliance I did NOT buy from SEARS.

Ramgator50December 09, 2021 04:09AM

Dying as in 'a process'?

JamesJM74December 09, 2021 04:58AM

Yeah.... For the last year or so, we have heard a weird hum from the fridge..

Ramgator45December 09, 2021 05:25AM

Weird hum..

sstrams119December 09, 2021 06:28AM

Re: UUUGH!! Our Fridge is dying! That's not.......COOL!!! Gotta get a new one. nm

MamaRAMa53December 09, 2021 06:33AM

Hot water heaters are in a different category..

sstrams106December 09, 2021 06:39AM

Re: Hot water heaters are in a different category..

MamaRAMa47December 09, 2021 07:22AM

Understood...

sstrams59December 09, 2021 07:32AM

We are in good shape on both accounts.

Ramgator32December 09, 2021 01:16PM

FUNNY YOU SAY!!! We DID buy an LG today. But.....exactly what you said.

Ramgator52December 09, 2021 01:13PM

I kept thinking today....MAN! I miss SEARS!

Ramgator36December 09, 2021 01:14PM