Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here's how I see the world today....

December 07, 2021 10:24AM
I was reading a twitter spat this morning and came across a reply that I see more and more these days.... no need to get into it but the replier to this particular tweet was incredulous that the original tweeter (not sure of tweet terminology) didn't follow 'so and so'... I didn't recognize the name either. I was immediately reminded of just perhaps the funniest line from a novel I've ever read in my life.... written by the genius of all geniuses himself Douglas Adams... ( A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy".... here's the passage from the book:

“But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months.”
“Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn’t exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything.”
“But the plans were on display …”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard’.”

I remember when I first read that dropping the book with convulsive laughter. I think it was an hour before I could catch my breath.

So back to that twitter comment I made to start this thread... that's our 'reality' today, I think. laughing smiley So much so that I'm not sure anyone under about 40 years old will be able to see any humor at all in that Douglas Adams passage I included. That's just life in the year 2021. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here's how I see the world today....

JamesJM189December 07, 2021 10:24AM

Re: Here's how I see the world today....

SeattleRam90December 07, 2021 10:59AM