Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A little embarrassing when I picked up my rental yesterday...

September 19, 2021 03:06PM
It's a Volkswagen Jetta... I had never been in one.

The attendant hands me the keys and I hop in... but the seat needs adjusting. So I reach to use the electric seat buttons on the left side of the seat... no buttons. No big deal... doesn't have electric seats, I couldn't care less... so I reach for the lever under the seat... I can't find it. I'm reaching left, right, further under the seat... can't find it.

So I go back to the left side of the seat thinking I missed the electronic buttons... can't find them... maybe the lever is down low on the left? Nope....

I eventually have to give up and I get out of the car, get on my knees to search around and under the seat... which the Attendant sees and giggles and says, "here, let me show you"... but he wasn't expecting my reply - "NO", said very firmly. "It's a challenge now, I'm going to find it myself". Which I eventually did.

It's on the right side of the seat, snuggled up against the console and the seat but protruding out just a little. Never saw that before... maybe it's common?

So now I'm good to go... figuring out how to turn on the headlights, adjust the air conditioner, work out which is the turn signal and the wipers, trying to pair my phone to the radio (if it has bluetooth), wellllll, all that is yet to come. For now knowing the throttle and brakes will do. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A little embarrassing when I picked up my rental yesterday...

JamesJM212September 19, 2021 03:06PM