Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hurricane Ira

August 31, 2021 09:59AM
Not to be a big downer but my guess is the national media is preoccupied with Afghanistan news. This storm could be Katrina 2.0 in regards to its impact on SE Louisiana. I’ve been through about a dozen major hurricanes in my life and this was like nothing I’ve seen before. The wind where I was (south of New Orleans) had sustained winds 60-100mph for over 12 hrs. Over a million people in metro New Orleans area without power, Jefferson Parish is without power and water. Estimates run from 3 weeks before power restoration and 5 days for water. Backwater flooding is beginning north of New Orleans which is when all the rain water associated with the storm overwhelms the rivers and bayous thus flooding homes and roadways. Katrina gained attention for deaths and looting which unfortunately will start happening if basic services aren’t restored.

I’m not even sure why I’m writing this but please just keep the people of Louisiana in your thoughts and prayers. It will be awhile until we are back to normal again. More relevant examples :The Saints are planning to not return to their facilities for a month. Tulane University bussed their entire student body to Houston for at least the first half of this semester.

Geaux Rams

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2021 10:00AM by LSURAM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hurricane Ira

LSURAM117August 31, 2021 09:59AM

Best of luck and prayers, LSU...

sstrams70August 31, 2021 10:19AM