Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Something that might be fun and a learning /exposing deal as well....

August 15, 2021 04:55AM
list 5 Bands and what in your opinion is their best album. The idea here is to go to bands less heralded then the go to bands, the ones with the obvious sound/history. Basically bands mostly unknown to most, not heard much, not considered in the Super Star category.

Here are my 5 (random)

The Motors- "The Motors" their 1st album high energy, great vocal harmonies. 1977

Be Bop Deluxe-"Axe Victim" The coolest album cover IMO. Great guitar solos as well from unheralded Bill Nelson..1974

Sea Level- "On the Edge". Allman Brothers off shoot. Combines jazz grooves with a southern flair. Electron Cold is a great song for winter time..1978.."Cats on the Coast" is almost as good....1977

Terry Reid-"Terry Reid" also under "Move over for Terry Reid".....Soul/Blues Rock and Roll....1969. has that '69 feel in the music. Great Voice..unintelligible at times, but his tone,guttural tone is there. Asked to be in Jimmy Pages "new band..Zeppelin" turned it down because he felt he was ready to emerge on his own.

Thin Lizzy-"Johnny the Fox" Great album design, and although maybe a heard of band IMO this is far better then "Jailbreak" I think this has the best lineup as far a guitarist go. Album goes from Ballads to Rock with great guitar riffs throughout.

Now the fun begins if you take the time to listen to snippets of these albums (or in entirety) and maybe you have found a new sound to go with your likes....If you list yours as well is the idea. I don't know how to put in the you tube links to make it that much easier for you, sorry, but I mean it is an idea for exploration most of all.....

I look forward to you guys choices as well as any opinions on mine as well....
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Something that might be fun and a learning /exposing deal as well....

roman18123August 15, 2021 04:55AM