Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Olympic fun for the whole family...

July 27, 2021 04:38PM
Not sure I've ever mentioned this... maybe. Many Olympics ago we began what is now a tradition. I have 12 stop watches. We time... well, everything, as you'll find out, if you read any further. laughing smiley

It began by timing only 'timed' events... track, swimming, etc. And those remain the main event for our competition. If you can hit the exact time as the official time you score... down to the hundredth of a second. All of us watch the Olympics with stop watches in hand. laughing smiley

BUT... lot of events in which 'time' is not a factor, so we had to get creative. Example: We time when a diver(s) feet leaves the platform, or board, until their hands hit the water. Here's how we score THAT competition... you must match, down to a hundredth of a second, someone else timing it. Last night the competition got fierce.

It was me, my wife, three grandsons, one of my oldest grandson's friends, girlfriend of a grandson, and my granddaughter. My wife won, but it was back and forth, involved many comebacks, right to the end. My wife at one time was down by 8... I was leading with 11 matches, she had 3.. and she came back and beat me, and everyone else. Also noteworthy, (well, to me that is, you guys are at this moment thinking the JamesJM household is completely kookie-putz), was a tie between 5 of us, (not me). I thought that was amazing... down to a hundredth of a second and 5 people tie? Wow.

Another absolutely fascinating fact: spin tounge smiley We began this... geez... I think Atlanta? 1996? Two of the original stop watches I bought then are STILL RUNNING! Great batteries.

Over the years we've had many guests watching with us whom we force to play our timing game.... and when they leave to go home they've already gotten on line and purchased a stop watch. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Olympic fun for the whole family...

JamesJM116July 27, 2021 04:38PM

Re: Olympic fun for the whole family...

waterfield86July 27, 2021 05:13PM

I've got 10 big ones...

JamesJM80July 27, 2021 05:17PM