Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IMO...The problems with MLB Pitchers needing an "edge" with illegal stuff..

June 18, 2021 03:45AM
Starts in the Little Leagues. I saw it with my Step Son and even ex Braves star, John Smoltz, said a few years ago.... Arms are being burnt out before a kid gets to High School. I watched my Step Son play three years and it's disgusting the amount of games played just to get ready for All Star Tourneys (That ultimately lead to L.L. World Series) My Step Son's season would start in very early February. They's play about 15-20 games, with 2-3 practices per week, and were done by mid May. From May to August???? It was damn near 5-6 days a week. His last year, they played FOUR 5-6 game tournaments to prep for a final weekend tournament. I watched my Step Son, who was a NATURAL and loved the game....By July, he was DONE. Too many Coaches and Organizations want those plaques and banners more than the kids.

USED to be, a Little League season was a preseason tournament of may 3-4 games, a regular season of 20 games and a post season tournament for your region's Title. That was it! I played in the very early 80s. We'd start in early April and were done by the end of June.

SOMETHING is wrong out there. Toooooo many Pitchers flaming out at the MLB level even with middle relief, set up and closing Pitchers. USED to be a big deal if you saw Bull Pen action before the 7th inning.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

IMO...The problems with MLB Pitchers needing an "edge" with illegal stuff..

Ramgator56June 18, 2021 03:45AM