Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bimini Top for boats HELL.....

May 29, 2021 10:45AM
For the last week I've been searching for replacement Bimini Top Canvas for my pontoon boat... I don't need the frame. I'm not sure I've ever researched anything so complex in my life.

It's like one of those Chinese Puzzle Boxes... only a certain combo, in a certain order, will work. And the online 'sellers' make that impossible to determine. Round tube? Square tube? Size of Tube? Length of outer bows? Width of bows? Manufacture of your old frame bows? Distance between inside bows?

So you do the math and they either don't have them OR they have some with the warning that "these may not fit".

So I stumbled across an online seller that stated at the very top of their page, in bold, the following (paraphrased) "If you're trying to replace your Bimini Top Canvas you're aware of what a hassle it can be". Wellll....

they had me at "Hello"... honesty.

So I called them... I got in touch with "Megan". She had me at "Hello". Friendly, she even giggled, and knowledgeable. She walked me thru it... said she couldn't guarantee a fit but she was nearly sure one of their options would fit.... she guaranteed me I could return them if they don't, no cost to me. I ordered them.

So now I wait... might fit, might not.. BUT... I don't care, I'm just happy to not be doing any more research.

For what it's worth... Custom made was going to cost me $2,500. The ones I ordered are $1,500. So here's how I figure it... if they don't fit right I'll figure out a way to make them... even with zip-ties.... and with the $1,000 dollar savings I can get some very good vodka/tequila for my onboard margarita maker... then float in the water sipping my margarita all while gazing up and admiring my ill-fitting zip-tied Bimini Tops. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bimini Top for boats HELL.....

JamesJM86May 29, 2021 10:45AM