Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So I watched Prometheus....

May 28, 2021 11:37AM
I had no idea it was a take-off on the whole "Alien" saga. In fact, I didn't realize that until the very end, (spoiler which I won't mention here), even though the entire movie was filled with dead give-aways. I think I saw only the very first Alien movie... possibly two of them but if so I don't remember the second.

Prometheus aggravated me.... but I can't blame the makers of the movie or the actors. I thought it was very well done.. the CGI is amazing, AND... the acting I thought top notch. So why was I aggravated? I don't know, to be honest.... but the fact is I was bored with it from beginning to end.

Don't let that turn you off to watching it, (not that it would). If this genre is your thing I'm sure Prometheus will work very well for you.

I don't have much luck with Sci-Fi.... sadly. I love the genre, as you can well imagine... since I'm always posting about space, astrophysics, etc. But there aren't that many that I can actually say that I thought 'great'.

I re-watched 2001 A Space Odyssey a few nights ago and I loved it, once again. I think that movie stands up today except for one thing, and it's a biggie. I think the ending was dumb. And yes, I've read the reasons why it ended as it did... from Kubrick himself... I ain't buying it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So I watched Prometheus....

JamesJM122May 28, 2021 11:37AM

Ridley Scott

SeattleRam103May 28, 2021 04:22PM