Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prepping my boat.... I survived another winter...

May 23, 2021 12:41PM
Removed the cover, it was filthy. BUT... took the pressure washer to it and I was shocked how clean it came out. Seats, upholstery, are in excellent shape for an 11 yr old pontoon boat.

Taking it in for service this week and then I'm off to the lake.

I actually HATE the first few trips to the lake.... all it is is fighting over whose turn it is to ride on the tube... screaming, yelling, hysteria. The good news is that after a couple of trips the kids get a little bored so Papa can do what you're supposed to do on a boat... anchor, float in the water, sip margaritas. (yes, plural). Occasionally drop a fishing line in the water.

Bad news: I waited too long and all the slips at the marina are sold out. Meaning, I have to tow the boat there and back every time we go to the lake.... which is a pain in the ass. That's why the margarita's are 'plural'.

Actually there is nothing fun about having a boat UNTIL you are anchored and floating in the water... at which time it's heaven. Prepping the boat, stocking the boat, getting to the lake and then back home again is hell. Well, it's hell if your my age that is. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Prepping my boat.... I survived another winter...

JamesJM118May 23, 2021 12:41PM

I just have a jet ski, but I hear ya..

sstrams55May 23, 2021 01:28PM