Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Running water in your home; is a wonderful thing....

May 19, 2021 05:20PM
three days ago I got out of the shower stepped into the area where the sink is, (carpet), and I thought I had stepped into a swamp. Water leak.

Immediately thought it would be under the sink, accessible... no such luck, it was in the wall. So for the last three days we've left the water off until we HAD to use it, and then a bucket to catch most of the leak... it didn't work very well.

I got yelled at. Whenever anything breaks in my home, which is pretty much a daily occurrence, I get yelled at. I didn't punch a hole in the waterline, that fact didn't matter.

Figured I had the right tools. I'm kind of a tool fanatic.... I have tools used for things that I will never have a need for. BUT... I didn't have a tool to cut thru the wall to get to the leak... at least I didn't have the 'right' tool. So before cutting into the wall, and knowing a little about plumbing, I took a guess as to the problem and decided on the most likely culprit sight unseen... then headed to the hardware store for the 'tool' and the parts.... could have been a few things.. the flexible tubing to the valve, (most likely), could have been the valve itself and the leak just behind the wall out of sight... so I got both parts. I guessed wrong. Of course.... that probably didn't surprise you at all, right?

Anyway... we're back to having water. A power outage is nothing, doesn't even bother me.... but no running water? That's critical. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Running water in your home; is a wonderful thing....

JamesJM144May 19, 2021 05:20PM

So are your walls..

sstrams137May 19, 2021 05:35PM

This was the unusual...

JamesJM103May 19, 2021 06:23PM

Gotcha..

sstrams174May 20, 2021 04:50AM

Re: Running water in your home; is a wonderful thing....

MamaRAMa102May 19, 2021 05:48PM

Once I cut thru the wall I could see the problem.. (nm)

JamesJM71May 19, 2021 06:18PM

Makes me ponder a question. If you have low water pressure, does that mean...

Ramgator117May 20, 2021 04:13AM

Three trip minimum

CeeZar101May 20, 2021 05:27AM

Ain't that the truth?

sstrams80May 20, 2021 05:57AM