April 26, 2021 02:13PM
that should be warning enough for those of you not fond of those type of movies to steer clear of this post. laughing smiley

Really good. I had never seen it. it has an 8.0 rating on IMDB and IMHO well earned. I can't say that this movie was very original, although I suspect it was... but could be it borrowed from some previous movies, most likely IMHO Hitchcock.

I didn't guess the end... well, more on that in a moment - it's a spoiler... until somewhat late in the movie - I'd guess 2/3rds in? The intrigue was presented that well. Or perhaps I'm just gullible. laughing smiley

I've seen many newer movies that borrowed from this one... both in cinematography and plot, so I suppose I should have been onto the ending earlier, maybe immediately... but I wasn't... and I attribute that to very good editing, acting, directing.

The spoiler coming up now - - - - - so if you think you'll be watching this movie do not read beyond this point.... really, truly, it will, or at least could, ruin a very good old thriller movie. You owe it to yourself to stay in the dark.

The ending: (For those that have seen this movie I'd love to discuss this 'spoiler' with you).

Well, it has two, actually, at least it does so IMHO. The first... and the one I believe most people consider the 'end', is what I guessed... but the end following the end.... I did not see coming, AT ALL. I'm still confused by it... fascinated. It left me confused, intrigued, and wondering.... which was the entire purpose I believe. Well done to the writers and director. Yes, I do think I know what the 2nd ending is supposed to lead us viewers to believe... but I can't be sure... and I think that's how it was intended. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Diabolique... 1955... Black and White... Subtitled... French film...

JamesJM151April 26, 2021 02:13PM

And Yojimbo.... packs a lot into one film....

JamesJM60April 26, 2021 06:21PM