Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In memorian... I probably posted this before...

March 24, 2021 08:04PM
so I'm sorry for repeating myself.

I took, (made), Hi-Light videos for Kerman Youth Football... then added Kerman High School hi-light videos, for many years. Two decades? I'm not sure. I retired a couple of years ago because... I'm old, the workload was just more than I could handle these days.

I captured some of the most amazing plays ever... amazing comebacks, amazing plays, innumerable. But there was ONE... not really involving any of my grandsons, although one played in this game video, that I will always believe was my best.

Just last week a player in Calif. lost his life while playing football. I think it was up north, Sacramento area? It brought back a bad memory - -

We were just kicking off a youth football game back in 2012 when word came down... a Pee Wee in our league, (not Kerman), had lost his life in a car accident on his way to a game. He was, I don't know... 9, 10? We had played his team, and him, the previous week. His name was Even Perez. He was from the town of Avenal... not close but out here on the westside it's what we consider close... about 50 miles away.

As we all would be I was struck with grief. A day went by and I thought to replay my video of our game with them and watch Even, (yes, I'm spelling his name right). Even wasn't a star for Avenal, but he was a starter. I watched the video many times... heartbroken... when I thought... perhaps a memorial video.

He wasn't involved in that many plays.... didn't matter... I singled him out, put captions to point him out... but then there WAS one play that, IMO... and if your honest you'll agree, WAS outstanding... I labeled it "Fantastic Run" in the video... you WILL agree.

I remember when Gavin, (my grandson who played in this game, #10), tackled Even #7... it's in the video because it's a good play by Even... saw the video. Gavin told me, "I wish I would have missed the tackle". laughing smiley Yeah, I get that, as do you.

I didn't know Even. Never met him or any of his family. But I have never forgotten him, and never well.

Sidenote... as you know you can't use copyrighted music in YouTube videos.. but I DID in this video... and it did NOT get flagged.. you will hear it.. at least I think you will. Thank you YouTube..and thanks to Peter White - the artist whose music I used.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

In memorian... I probably posted this before...

JamesJM186March 24, 2021 08:04PM

Really nice vid...

sstrams76March 25, 2021 03:22AM

Very nice work James....

RAMbler59March 25, 2021 08:19AM

Classy (nm)

waterfield83March 25, 2021 09:48AM