Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm not a martial arts movie expert...

March 20, 2021 09:54PM
in fact I still call them "Kung Fu" movies. But... and even though I've seen very few of the newer martial arts movies I think I just saw the best fight scenes ever.

The name of the movie is "Furie"... it's the very first Vietnamese film ever released in the USA. Yes, it's subtitled. Loved this movie.... no doubt the plot is very cliche, as are some of the lines... but if you can set that aside - the acting is truly outstanding... at least the lead actress and her daughter are, and some others.

Yes, the heroine is a woman.... you don't want to cross her. laughing smiley Can the fights in a martial arts film be 'realistic'? Probably not... but this is the best attempt to do just that that I've ever seen... again, haven't seen many of the newer martial arts films.

I remember many years ago we discussed "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragaon", another film I loved. This film is nothing like that.... which I won't get into. BUT... the effort here is at that level, I truly believe.

If you're impatient and wanting immediate action you might be somewhat bored at first... it takes a while to set up the plot.... but I think, could be wrong, you will NOT be disappointed in the fight scenes. Honestly, I don't recall ever having seen better.

Then toss in what I think was some fantastic acting, directing, cinematography, editing, and I was one very pleased fan. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm not a martial arts movie expert...

JamesJM183March 20, 2021 09:54PM