Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not Jeepers!

September 09, 2020 07:27AM
Man that really must have hurt.. I just re-wired a light box underneath a soffit on our house.. There was a gap in the old junction box and the soffit into the attic and for 22 years I have seen TONS of wasps flying into that hole.. So, when I realized I had to re-wire the box, I wasn't overly thrilled..

So, i got a huge can of wasp and hornet spray and UNLOADED it through the hole and all over the box and everywhere I could get it.. waited about an hour and started working.. I removed the old box which left about a 5" x 5" hole in the soffit.. right as I pulled it out a HUGE wasp nest came out with it and I JUMPED off the ladder and started running.. Luckily the nest was dead along with all the wasps.. but that nest was about 8 inches by 6 inches, so a HUGE wasp nest..

My guess is that was where the wasps were coming from that I continually have to kill in the house with rubber bands.. lol,, and they're actually hornets, not wasps.. tough buggers...

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

UGGGH!!! Broke my 48 year streak of NOT getting stung by a Wasp!!!!

Ramgator239September 09, 2020 07:15AM

Not Jeepers!

sstrams181September 09, 2020 07:27AM

My funny reaction.

Ramgator144September 09, 2020 08:06AM

Yeah, I'll recite famous movie lines..

sstrams134September 09, 2020 08:57AM

If those Japanese Hornets get a foothold here...

SeattleRam134September 09, 2020 09:03AM

Re: If those Japanese Hornets get a foothold here...

waterfield110September 09, 2020 10:41AM