August 08, 2020 02:29PM
he had already decided to not play the abbreviated season they had scheduled for this fall. His plan was to return in the spring, for spring ball, (not a spring season), and because of Covid-19... and yes, his injury last year, he has two more year's of eligibility. I don't know how a 'spring' season fits into that but it probably uses up a year of his eligibility.

Most of the 'top' players had opted out of the abbreviated Fall season.... very unlikely ANY of them have to worry much about the NFL, but it is a 'long shot'. Austin Ekeler for the Chargers, after all, played for Western Colorado... was drafted from there. Reason: Few games to 'prove their stuff' and, of course, the injury risk in what would have occurred, basically, in an 'overlooked' cutback season. That does work for some... in state players and also those who KNOW they aren't going beyond DII.

Yeah, my oldest grandson looks to be ending his football career with a string on incredibly bad luck... and it's playing on him, badly. He's even been to counseling.

The whole situation taught me a lot...and NOT just about my grandson but also several other players at his level that I have come to know. Their work ethic, dedication, is something I really don't think most can appreciate unless they are personally involved. And it's not just 'sports'... these days coaches, schools, (most of them), stress academics ast priority #1... so all these players are putting as much into their studies as they are their sports practices.. it's been their life... and now? It's not good.

Mason, my grandson.. is working out harder than ever.. to compensate, (I speculate). Every day, for hours. Weights, Cardio, you name it. But here's the problem... it's for a goal - - football. Same with his player friends. Now the 'goal' is murky at best.. anxiety is running high.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mid American Conference drops football - 2020

RAMbeau294August 08, 2020 12:57PM

Western Colorado...

JamesJM136August 08, 2020 01:23PM

The problem with that. . . .

RAMbeau184August 08, 2020 01:36PM

My grandson may have played his last game...

JamesJM176August 08, 2020 02:29PM

I feel bad for these kids. . . .

RAMbeau224August 08, 2020 03:44PM

yeah life is about moments

ferragamo79171August 08, 2020 04:08PM

Re: My grandson may have played his last game...

waterfield143August 08, 2020 07:22PM

Oh, about being hard on their bodies...

JamesJM148August 08, 2020 02:33PM