Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wish I could post the video... I can't... I promised...

May 29, 2020 04:30PM
Just had one of those 'personal' military reunions... with VERY close friends. Surprise reunions, I should say.

I did one of these back in '73, coming home 3 days early, without anyone knowing... pretty big deal because I was coming home to get married.

But today... it was "Brooke". she's the same age as my 2nd oldest grandson, and their neighbor, they grew up together. Brooke's family has gone thru some hard times in the last few years, VERY hard times...Brooke's parents divorced, for example. And there was more, I won't go into it.

Brooke chose my daughter to set it up... but only minutes before it happened.. so my daughter was caught unaware as well. My daughter just sent me the video. Heather, Brooke's Mom, was taken completely by surprise. laughing smiley Her reaction was, as you would guess.. priceless. laughing smiley

The reunion was, as you might also have guessed, delayed due to the virus. Brooke was supposed to be home nearly a month ago.

Anyway... at a time when I see very little 'good' in this world... this was GOOD in capital letters. Welcome home, Brooke. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wish I could post the video... I can't... I promised...

JamesJM73May 29, 2020 04:30PM