Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re-watching Harry Potter...

May 11, 2020 05:47AM
Lemme' see... I have bought every Harry Potter movie on DVD's about 4 times now? I can't find them, or at least not all of them. So yet again I bought them all... this time 'digital' in the cloud, (which I can download).

I am watching them in order and just watched 3... "Prisoner of Azkaban" last night. I've had one surprise. I have always said, (to those who asked), which is my favorite and/or my least favorite... and I've always answered my 'least' favorite was the 2nd... "Chamber of Secrets". I've changed my mind... in big part due to the character Gilderoy Lockhart played by Kenneth Branagh.... who is brilliant in the role.

I saw recently that Waterfield mentioned how much he likes Emma Watson as a flourishing actress... well, I have not seen her, not even once, since Harry Potter BUT... she was fantastic in the role of Hermione. In fact, the actor ensemble for the entire Harry Potter saga I think IS the greatest ever assembled. There is no weak actor... which no doubt is helped by there existing no weak characters. Brendan Gleeson should have won an Oscar for "Madeye Moody". Brendan is one of my favorite actors today. Ever see In Bruges? The man is phenomenal.

To repeat myself - there was only one serious flaw in the making of the Harry Potter movies IMHO... and that was the 'low key' portrayal of Molly's climactic moment in the final movie going up against Belatrix Lestrange. They SOOO underplayed that moment... when it should have been a knock your socks off Mike Jones "The Tackle" epiphany. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Re-watching Harry Potter...

JamesJM236May 11, 2020 05:47AM

Re: Re-watching Harry Potter...

canadaram176May 11, 2020 07:58AM

Was it a scene?

JamesJM132May 11, 2020 10:05AM

Maybe that was it...

canadaram159May 11, 2020 02:09PM

Some of the VERY small roles impressed me the most of all...

JamesJM127May 11, 2020 02:30PM

I always liked the actress who played Mrs Figg

canadaram155May 11, 2020 06:31PM