Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ah.. The Blair Witch Project...

April 22, 2020 06:06AM
I have never seen a film so brilliantly hyped before it was released.. The previews were amazing because nobody had ever done the handheld camera movie thing yet.. and it was, at first, at least, advertised as ACTUAL found footage..

Plus, Blair Witch was the first real movie or franchise etc to post a Flash based website that, at the time, was just creepy as hell..

Absolutely BRILLIANT lead up to that movie release.. We were in Mexico the week before it was released and the ENTIRE trip all we talked about was going back home to catch that movie in the theater the day it was released.. We were in line to get in when the first group to see it was let out - and it was PACKED.. Probably 250 people came out of the theater after being the first to see The Blair Witch Project...

Every single one of them was PISSED.. I can't even type out half of what they were calling that movie.. we knew right then it was gonna suck.. But, we went in anyway cuz we'd already paid for tickets.. it actually was OK.. I was pissed at how it ended, but it had SOME merit.. but not much.. That was one of the biggest cinematic let downs ever - for me, anyways.. Almost as bad as when Jaws 3D came out..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trollhunter free on youtube

SeattleRam131April 21, 2020 06:48PM

I have no respect for Rotten Tomatoes...

JamesJM79April 21, 2020 07:13PM

Re: I have no respect for Rotten Tomatoes...

SeattleRam93April 21, 2020 07:21PM

Yikes..

JamesJM60April 21, 2020 07:27PM

Re: Yikes..

SeattleRam125April 21, 2020 07:42PM

Ah.. The Blair Witch Project...

sstrams147April 22, 2020 06:06AM