Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Red Cross Needs Blood

March 18, 2020 10:56AM
I saw on the news that due to the coronavirus, the American Red Cross is in dire need of blood. It also states it on their website: [www.redcrossblood.org]

When I was going through chemo for bladder cancer, the chemo damn near killed me and my blood was so sick that it wasn't recovering from the treatment. My oncologist said it was a life-threatening situation. I was hospitalized and given 4 units of blood... all because somebody somewhere was unselfish enough to donate it. Well, I can't just be a taker and sit here fat, dumb and happy waiting for somebody else to step up and replenish the supply. I used to give blood years and years ago but it's been 45 years since I donated. There's no reason I can't do MY part now and give blood to help someone else the same as they did for me. First I made sure I was eligible to give by answering some health questions and looking up information on the American Red Cross website. Then I downloaded the American Red Cross app and made an appointment. I'll be donating on Friday morning and Frank is going in to donate on Saturday.

If YOU can give blood... please, PLEASE give the gift of life. It doesn't cost you anything but time. People need it, and you never know... one day, it might just be YOU or someone you love.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

American Red Cross Needs Blood

MamaRAMa116March 18, 2020 10:56AM

My wife gave blood today..

sstrams67March 18, 2020 10:58AM

Re: My wife gave blood today..

MamaRAMa69March 18, 2020 11:07AM

Yeah, I definitely would.. and have..

sstrams64March 18, 2020 11:12AM

Same here, can't give blood...

JamesJM70March 18, 2020 11:13AM