Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UUUUGH! I feel so low! You guys ever have a childhood memory torn down??

October 15, 2019 03:30PM
My old stomping grounds that goes back to my Mom's youth, lost the ICONIC Edgewood Theater. I saw my first theater movie there (Song Of The South / Zippity Doo Da!) My Mom was about 9 when it opened. She grew up across the street from where I grew up....a half block from the theater. She told me of seeing the spots lights and OUR High School marching band playing....... I learned to ride a bicycle in the parking lot.....My Grandfather and I took many afternoon walks by it and picked black berries along the parking lot fence.In the 1970s, saw MANY Summer fun shows there for a buck and a quarter, with a newspaper coupon. I saw the second release of my ALL TIME fav, "Midway" there. MANY MANY memories of that place. It closed as a Theater in 1981-82 and then became a College. Over the years, I passed by the building MANY times with flashbacks of sooooooooo many cool memories with people who have passed.. Just 5 days ago, I walked past it and saw the dreaded fence around it. I assumed it'd still be WEEKS before it went down. I HAD planned to go by there tomorrow to take pictures but instead, it became a pile of rubble today. I feel sick! All of you know just how retro I am. This really really hurts.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

UUUUGH! I feel so low! You guys ever have a childhood memory torn down??

Ramgator291October 15, 2019 03:30PM

Totally understand, man..

sstrams215October 15, 2019 04:22PM

Re: Totally understand, man..

MamaRAMa223October 16, 2019 04:53AM

You're situation is worse than mine....

JamesJM202October 16, 2019 05:43AM

The Circle of Life

waterfield263October 16, 2019 07:29AM