January 17, 2019 02:30PM
Love stories like that... makes the PUB come alive.

Gotta a quick Johnny Cash tale for ya. Back in the 40's and 50's, (maybe even earlier), there was a place near Fresno called the BARN...famous C&W stars came there often. My Dad and Mom attended often.

I'm not sure when it shut down for the last time... but it was long ago. However, after boarding up the windows, the doors, they left the building standing... and it still stands to this day.

So ok... my cousin Jerry. He is an antique collector and he came to know the owners of the old "Barn"... and somehow got to take a tour. You're not going to believe this.

The took him inside... it is today, (well, this was about 10 years ago so I can't speak for today), exactly as it was after the final concert. C&W stars' posters on the wall.. signed... the original microphones still on stage... microphones that Johnny sang into. Memorabilia from top to bottom... truck loads of it.

Jerry made them VERY good offers on many items. "NO"... the reply. They had no intentions of selling anything, not even the smallest most mundane of items... and this for eternity.

Now like I said.. this was... I don't really know... 10 maybe 15 years ago... so does all that stuff still exist within the Barn's walls? Maybe. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Spent all afternoon today......

Arkansas Ram141January 17, 2019 01:41PM

Merle one of my all time favorite C&W artists....

JamesJM95January 17, 2019 01:46PM

By the way... fate hit me square in the face yesterday...

JamesJM70January 17, 2019 02:12PM

Right on, I believe in that kinda stuff.....

Arkansas Ram89January 17, 2019 02:16PM

While I'm not a country western fan. . .

RAMbeau148January 17, 2019 02:21PM

Great story, Rambeau...

JamesJM76January 17, 2019 02:30PM

"Makes the PUB come alive"...+1........nm

Arkansas Ram70January 17, 2019 03:04PM