Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If this isn't a Christmas Miracle... I don't know what is....

December 08, 2018 10:00AM
I will keep this as short as I can.

On July 20th, 1969 I was walking down Via Veneto in Rome.... whispers grew into cheers as Neil was about to set foot on the moon. We found an outdoor cafe with a TV set up for people on the street.... and watched. I was part of a college group touring Europe led by my Drama professor and his wife.. Bill and Barbara. They had a daughter, Cathy... also in the drama department, and a close friend of mine, but she was not on the trip.

In 1991 my home burned to the ground.. taking everything I owned... Photo's, mementos. Lost it all.

A few years ago a drama student from those college days, (late 60's), started a Facebook group for us old thespians... and began tracking each of us down. I met my old friends again... but I have not seen them for 50 years. Cathy was one of those in the group.. and since we have renewed our friendship.

Got a package in the mail today... from Cathy. I had no idea what she would be sending me... I opened it to discover.. the July 21st, 1969 full newspaper from Rome... announcing the landing on the moon. And a note, from Cathy's Mom, Barbara... to pass it along to those on that trip... I am the only one left.

Some days are golden... that's about all I can say. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If this isn't a Christmas Miracle... I don't know what is....

JamesJM92December 08, 2018 10:00AM