Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Waterfield, I'll ask here, rather than bore the board...

October 03, 2018 04:24PM
I was looking back at the history of HC's for the Rams...no particular reason.

I can't, as I've mentioned many times, give a specific year I became a Ram fan... I can't remember. And I've never been able to hit on that one 'clue' that might tell me. I always say, if asked, about 1958... but for all I know it could have been as early as 1955. I know for a fact it was NOT after 1959.

BUT... I don't really remember Sid Gillman as a coach.... and for that matter... I don't remember Waterfield being the coach even though I know for a fact I was a Ram fan during his tenure. I DO remember coming to know Waterfield, and knowing him well... but I believe, (not certain), if was after he was gone. I graduated grammar school in 1962, his last year as HC.

Harland Svare is the first HC I truly remember.

It was also during Svare's stint that I became a fanatic... and by that I mean... knew the entire roster.. and not just the Rams.. but most other teams as well. By 1967 I knew the majority of starters for all teams in the NFL and AFL. Today, other than the Rams I know few. I don't play fantasy football, which would be a BIG help.

Just wondered how well and how far back you remember the Rams, and their HC's?

And btw, I'm just about to get electrodes put all over my body and probably bolts in my neck. I probably won't be able to reply until tomorrow. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Waterfield, I'll ask here, rather than bore the board...

JamesJM177October 03, 2018 04:24PM

Re: Waterfield, I'll ask here, rather than bore the board...

waterfield136October 03, 2018 07:23PM

Lou Groza....

JamesJM130October 04, 2018 04:28AM

Re: Lou Groza....

waterfield140October 04, 2018 08:02AM

:I held for one of his kicks. . .

RAMbeau184October 04, 2018 11:02AM

WHOA, Frank..

JamesJM121October 04, 2018 11:06AM