Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No doubt about it, Rambeau....

August 19, 2018 03:44PM
One thing I seldom do, If I ever have... is express the 'dread' I feel about my grandson's playing football. The injury thing.

Friday night we won a HUGE game... a highly ranked team in our division and we won. During that game... in the 4th quarter... their star QB, (so good he was almost their entire team), went down. Broken arm.. and broken BADLY.

I've posted before how I didn't take up backpacking until I was nearly 40... when I began asking friends if they would join me NONE could.. due to old football injuries (knees).

I'm pretty much holding my breath every game... and I'm talking a LOT of games... 5 grandsons, out of 6, now play football. And certainly not due to me... they are GOOD. I sit in the stands and watch them excel and no way in hell can I can come to grips with the 'joy' I feel while constantly being in a panic the entire time.

Elijah is my youngest grandson.... just started football this year. He scored 7TD's in his first game. He's good.... he is NOT going to give it up.... and to "I" am thrilled he's going to be good, and has years left playing the game...

and also "I" think, "Oh Lord save me... another decade of this worry?". laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm one proud grandpapa... dreams to come true.... Attachments

JamesJM204August 17, 2018 06:58AM

No no, not crying... something got in my eye. Attachments

JamesJM207August 17, 2018 07:23AM

Smoke?. . . .nm

RAMbeau144August 17, 2018 03:13PM

Last couple of days haven't been bad....

JamesJM143August 17, 2018 03:27PM

Good season start...

JamesJM128August 17, 2018 10:37PM

Be honest Jimmy....

RAMbeau173August 18, 2018 06:54AM

No doubt about it, Rambeau....

JamesJM133August 19, 2018 03:44PM