July 10, 2018 08:10AM
although I do think the France vs Belgium match is about as close to a 'wash' as it gets. I'm picking Belgium admittedly due to liking them more yet DO think they could be slightly better.

England has won me over. We've talked about how the WC is a trial in patience and perseverance... and that teams that win usually gain momentum as the games wear on. England, IMHO, has done exactly that... and in fact I think more so than any other team... including France and Belgium... I just don't think the talent is there to oust France or Belgium BUT... They CAN and WILL play with them - - - and thus to upset either I would no longer consider a shocking, or even a mild, upset.

But England has to get there first, right? laughing smiley Croatia, just after England, is the team I think that has shown the most 'momentum building'. In that regard England and Croatia are very similar to me. I think England's keeper wins the nod... and I also think England a bit more talented in setting up and then executing the 'quality' shots... Croatia may, and I think will, get more attempts. I'm going with England.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Semifinal picks World Cup

ferragamo79193July 09, 2018 07:15PM

Boooo!

RamUK102July 10, 2018 07:49AM

I'm the exact opposite....

JamesJM83July 10, 2018 08:10AM

you're half way there..... France 1 - Belgium - 0

JoeMad95July 10, 2018 11:59AM

Lol, we're all half way there!

RamUK89July 10, 2018 12:06PM

Not me..