February 24, 2018 04:10PM
perhaps it could be my just horrendous bad luck with electronic devices but I've given up on NAS Drives completely. I have never owned one, (out of 4 total), that lasted a full year. And this across 3 brands... I've lost two WD's.

I've lost external and internal hard drives before... over the years a handful, I would guess. Always had backups so that was good. But with the externals the crashes came yearS into their lifespan.... with the NAS Drives, and I mean ALL of them - Not one made it to it's first birthday.

Saga of this latest WB NAS drive, (but it's the same saga as my other NAS drives).... bought it, got the extended warranty. Just short of a year later it failed. Sent it in, they repaired it... within two months it failed again... sent it back.... ditto.. another fail after a few months.... 3 repairs which took it beyond the 'warranty' coverage... so I now have a failed NAS no longer covered.

Has anyone EVER had a NAS Drive that held up? Eh, don't bother telling me you have because I'm done with them.... external HD's for me from now on. I can replace them every year cheaper than a single NAS drive costs me. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NAS Drives, I give up...

JamesJM293February 24, 2018 04:10PM

Do you..

sstrams117February 25, 2018 06:52AM

All the time...

JamesJM118February 25, 2018 07:00AM