Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another magical moment in Sports... High School....

February 21, 2018 12:38PM
Jeremy is a young man who goes to the same High School as my grandkids... well, 5 of my grandkids. He's the adopted of son of Charlie and his wife, (I forget her name, sorry).

Charlie used to be my banker. We've been friends since, I suppose, the 70's... ummm, actually I think the 60's. Charlie and his wife have adopted 3 kids, all from China... all handicapped in some way.

I mentioned Jeremy once before on this board. My 2nd oldest grandson, Gavin, thought quickly a few years ago and captured video on his iPhone of Jeremy making a free shot in basketball.... it got the media's attention and was played on all the local TV stations. I posted it here.

Jeremy had another chance to show off his stuff last night.

Jeremy has almost no use of his right arm. Jeremy loves basketball. Last night Jeremy was on the bench when our Varsity played their 1st playoff game. We're rated #1 so we faced the last rated team in the playoffs.... the game was basically over before the 1st qtr ended. Something like 30-3. With 3 minutes to go in the game Jeremy came into the game. This time Jeremy wasn't going for the lay-up, or a free throw... Jeremy set up in 3pt territory.

The chant began immediately.... Kerman fans, Coalinga fans... (Coalinga is the team we played). "JEREMY, JEREMY, JEREMY".

Miss... but the chant grew louder. Miss again... even louder chanting.. miss.... now deafening... miss.....the walls are shaking.... miss and the ground was now shaking.... and then... yup....

SWISH

Magical Moment... but it MUST be noted. Since Jeremy could pick up a basketball he's been shooting baskets... trying out for every team when he came of age... MADE every team, but rarely played. He lived not far from my daughter's home and it was rare indeed when I would drive by and not see Jeremy in the front yard shooting baskets.

Jeremy is actually a good shooter. He'd kick my @$$ and I'm not joking. The 5 misses before he swished it was actually an aberration. BUT... understandable.... before his first shot he had succumbed to the love from the stands and had to pause briefly to gather his thoughts.

Jeremy is a Junior, one year older than Gavin, my grandson who is a Sophomore. They've been teammates since their first team in grade school.

So Jeremy has one more year of basketball left... and there is no doubt in any mind in Kerman, Ca. that'll he'll tryout for the team again his Senior year. Honestly... I'm not sure I have known anyone EVER... and certainly not me... that has worked harder than Jeremy. I see dedication and perseverance like that and I can only hang my head and then look on in awe. Followed by my best impersonation of: "I'm not worthy".

No idea what Jeremy has in mind career-wise.... but there isn't a smidgeon of doubt in my mind that whatever he pursues he's going to not only succeed... but excel. - JamesJM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 12:47PM by JamesJM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another magical moment in Sports... High School....

JamesJM316February 21, 2018 12:38PM

video of the magical moment... VERY poor quality

JamesJM84February 21, 2018 01:02PM