Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi my name is RamsFanSinceLA and I'm a Fantasy Football Addict

September 26, 2017 10:30AM
Not really Rams related, but I wanted to share my "revelation."

I've played fantasy football for 25 years, with the last 22 being the Commissioner of our league. This league was formed back when we had to use the newspaper to gather stats and then manually compute everybody's scores. When I took over as Commissioner I immediately looked for some way to automate the scoring and I found a software program that would do that. Then I created a website for the league and ported the numbers to the site for the league. Who knew how big fantasy football would get back then and if I thought about it I probably could have marketed the website.

Anyway, coming into this season I really wanted to resign the Commissioner post so I let the league know and one of the other guys took over. Then I realized I didn't even want to play fantasy football this year, so I left the league as well.

Now, my "revelation" is that watching football is much more enjoyable now in the sense that I'm just enjoying the games and not stressing about how the guys on my fantasy team are doing. I realized that I had gotten to where I wasn't realty appreciating the game in it's "purest" form and that I was only watching to see how my guys were doing and not really watching the games and appreciating the talent, athleticism, and drama that each game can provide. I watch as many games as I can.

This is in no way meant to be against fantasy football. This is just me sharing how different (and for me, better) watching football is now after watching it differently for the past 25 years.

Of course if I end up missing fantasy football by season's end, I'm sure I'll be back at it next year!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hi my name is RamsFanSinceLA and I'm a Fantasy Football Addict

RamsFanSinceLA296September 26, 2017 10:30AM

Re: Hi my name is RamsFanSinceLA and I'm a Fantasy Football Addict

Rampage2K-156September 26, 2017 11:39AM

I'm not a fantasy player...

JamesJM237September 26, 2017 12:52PM

I started playing in 1992

ferragamo79168September 26, 2017 05:05PM

HOLY SCHMOOLLY...I didn't even know...

JamesJM167September 26, 2017 07:11PM

the old box scores from the paper

ferragamo79144September 27, 2017 08:56AM

Re: That's about when I started playing too

RamsFanSinceLA145September 27, 2017 06:25AM

Re: Hi my name is RamsFanSinceLA and I'm a Fantasy Football Addict

Anonymous User151September 28, 2017 12:21AM

I am TOOOO biased to play Fantasy Football. Also...

Ramgator179September 28, 2017 05:11AM