Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very short, nice story...

June 11, 2017 09:04PM
Vivian was NOT our foreign exchange student, back in 94'. She came to spend the school year with her Mom's friend who taught here. BUT.. (yes, I've written about her, you may recall the 'rudolph the red nosed reindeer' story), she ended up living with us most of the time.. my daughter and her becoming best friends.

Vivian went back to Norway.. returned once, a few years later, for my daughter's wedding, and that was the last time we saw her... until this week. She returned, and she returned in 'glory'. She and her husband got into those Triathlon events. They are in amazing shape. They came to participate in the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon held today. Unfortunately, the 'swim' leg was cancelled due to unsafe waters in the bay... but the rest of the Triathlon continued.

Vivian's Mom and Dad were here to watch. Before this weekend they were asking me about SF, and what to expect, 'weather-wise'. I warned them... quoting Mark Twain - "The coldest winter I ever spent in my life was one summer in San Francisco". laughing smiley

Grethe, Vivian's Mom, just sent me a text - saying: "we just went thru one of the coldest winters we've ever had in Norway. But I stand corrected, Jimmy.. you were right. Summer in San Francisco is colder". laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Very short, nice story...

JamesJM360June 11, 2017 09:04PM