Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I got hit the other day just walking

August 09, 2016 01:45AM
But we were on a boardwalk going over some water so its possible there was a nest underneath. I saw it coming and paid no attention to it and it got me right on the leg. It was a "what the hell was that for" moment. This is the second time I have gotten stung on a boardwalk... both were trails though the woods going over a little section of water.

Last year I was riding my mower in the back yard and around this maple tree. The leaves and branches are soft so I just kinda breeze right through it. And bam... my forehead bumps into a hornets nest. Luckily I only got stung a few times but in the face... lol

I realized they were just protecting their home but they had to go... A full can of wasp killer did the trick, lol...

We have lots of wasps around our house too. Long distance spray stuff is what we use. I think if you leave the nest up it deters other wasps but not sure about that. I wouldn't mind them but they are a little too aggressive and they fly around me too much.

As for getting on a ladder and messing with wasps, lol...

When I was 12 or 13 my Dad had me up on this homemade scaffolding on the second floor of this old 1850's house he just bought. We were putting siding up. So basically we're on a couple of 2x6's held up by two ladders. So we are nailing this siding on and bees are everywhere. They are swarming all around us. I think he must have gotten stung a few times (not me) but we finished the job. Anyway, a few days latter we are using sledge hammers to tear out the old plaster laths on the inside wall of where we were putting up siding and there was a giant bee hive filling the wall. It was massive I am guessing 5 foot by 8 foot. They were honey bees. Amazingly calm considering the havoc we had been causing. I don't think I was allowed up there again until they were taken care of.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So I'm pretty stupid

ferragamo79928August 08, 2016 07:47AM

Re: So I'm pretty stupid

Bud Frosty565August 08, 2016 07:57AM

LMAO.....

JamesJM527August 08, 2016 08:52AM

Well, '79.. between you and Jimmy..

sstrams561August 08, 2016 10:12AM

I got hit the other day just walking

Atlantic Ram585August 09, 2016 01:45AM