Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ok, got an amazing tale for you... happened tonight...

December 22, 2023 08:44PM
Today was my anniversary, (not the point of this tale).... my wife and I went to a restaurant in Fresno, Ca. because it's traditional. NOT at all a fancy restaurant... but we went there often while dating upmty ump years ago. They have a few restaurants so this wasn't the one we went to 'back when'... but it was the one we've gone to the last few years.

We walk in and a lady comes out to seat us. I recognize her. My wife does not. So I asked, "Were you working here a year ago?". (I Know it's her).... she replied, "Actually my husband owns this restaurant. I've always worked here".... and come to find out - - I KNEW her husband... belongs to an Italian club with me. That is NOT the amazing part.

I told her, "I remember you. We were in here a year ago".... she replied,

"Oh yes.. the hat". (I nearly always wear a hat). "You forgot your hat here last year". WOW.... that took me aback. "YOU REMEMBER THAT?" "YES", she replied. "And in fact I think we still have your hat".... oh my GOD... this cannot be happening..

So she looked, under the cash register. No hat. "I'm so sorry. I guess we finally got rid of it". "No big deal", I reply, "I'm astounded you remember that".

We are seated... order some wine. The lady goes to retrieve it... and she's gone a LONG while.... and I'm wanting my wine. laughing smiley

FINALLY she comes back, bottle of wine in hand... AND... my HAT! She had found it, somewhere in the back.

We had the BEST conversation. laughing smiley I tipped her well... won't say how much, that's would be crass... but think 4X the cost of the meal, and wine.

THIS was a good night... and why not? Ram's won last night.... I'm on a ROLLLLLLLLLL. laughing smiley - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ok, got an amazing tale for you... happened tonight...

JamesJM119December 22, 2023 08:44PM

Congrats!

sstrams47December 23, 2023 04:15AM

great story

21Dog38December 23, 2023 05:07AM

Re: Ok, got an amazing tale for you... happened tonight...

MamaRAMa68December 23, 2023 05:53AM

Mama, my guess is that it was a..

sstrams49December 23, 2023 06:02AM

How did you know that?

JamesJM54December 23, 2023 06:12AM

Educated guess..

sstrams41December 23, 2023 07:31AM

Wonderful story and well told as usual. .....

LesBaker50December 23, 2023 01:25PM