Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ice Hockey....

May 06, 2022 08:03AM
Can't say I didn't give you fair warning. laughing smiley

Like Baseball, unfortunately, I can't say I have a 'favorite team'. I can say that the team in Ice Hockey I've cheered for the most is the Kings. Which makes this year interesting because:

I got into Hockey when my son played back in the last 70's, thru the 80's, and the early 90's. Back then it was Wayne... and the Oilers. The Oilers/Flames rivalry was great to watch. I liked them both. When Gretzky moved on to LA it bothered me a little because I saw it as the "Big Rich Teams" trampling on the much smaller Canadian teams who would never be able to compete with a behemoth like LA. Yet, the Oilers and Flames finished 1 and 2 in the West this year. Bravo!

Normally I would be rooting for the Kings... but there's that 'nostalgia' thing with the Oilers. Whoever wins the series I'll be rooting for them in the following playoff games.

I've also been a semi-fan of the Bruins... and that because of Ray Bourque, my favorite player. These days, however, I don't really follow them that much.

So if I had to pick an order I guess my choice would be:

Kings
Oilers
Flames

Sentimental Favorites: The Blues because of all my friends in St. Louis and the Canes... Ramsrule's favorite team. Should the Kings, Oilers, Flames be eliminated and the Blues and Canes remain alive I'll be rooting for them.

Should the Blues and Canes meet in the Stanley Cup... I'll have to toss a coin. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ice Hockey....

JamesJM163May 06, 2022 08:03AM

Gretzky to the Kings

21Dog77May 06, 2022 02:04PM