Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

As much as I hate Funerals...WEDDINGS are not much further behind!

March 07, 2022 04:10AM
My Wife's Nephew is getting married on Sunday...the day before Labor Day. CRAP ALMIGHTY!! It's being treated like a freaking ROYAL WEDDING! The girl is from Alabama (Where the Wedding will be) It's gonna be at a Resort where guest can stay for $390 PER NIGHT! Glad my Wife agreed when I said hell effing no! We are Holiday Inn Express bound! On March 25th, they are having a Engagement Party at a Yacht Club??? I have done a great job of avoiding Hoity Toity / Look at my Social Status places. Luckily, I can just wear casual. That Party is gonna be for just an hour and a half?? And theeee point isssss????????

My Wife's Sister and her Husband have been put in a bind because where the Rehersal Dinner HAS to be is FAAAAR from cheap. The Wedding??? The cost per guest is gonna be close to FOUR HUNDRED per!! And that's with about 220 + expected! ALSO....It's hardly into March and already, I have heard people in my Wife's family grumbling about who is invited and who isn't......Drama Drama Drama!!!

This is where my Mom's teachings come in....When I got married to my ex, 25 years ago, the TOTAL cost of our Wedding was "only" $7,000. That disgusted me. Buuuuuut it made my soon to be Wife happy. Like my Mom, I wondered....WHEN did Weddings become all about IDIOTIC spending??? Mom told me, it USED to be focused on joining two people and two families together. These days??? They are nothing but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Dog n Pony shows. Young families trying to get started, trying to pay day care and a mortgage.......while paying off the $30,000 Wedding?? My Mom said Receptions used to be sandwiches and finger foods at a family member's house. Now it's a Golden Corral environment with a DJ!

I REEEEEEALLY want no part of this but I will put on my big boy pants...go to the pre Party.....Alabama.....and stand there with a dumba$$ "I'm so THRILLED to be here" grin. Gotta do it for my Wife's sake. And....OOH!!! I forgot!! It's gonna be an OUTSIDE Wedding!!! YAAAAY!!!! Outside....in Alabama....4 in the afternoon and a Black Tie affair!! OH..JOY!!!!!

Thanks for listening to my rant!!!! LOL
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

As much as I hate Funerals...WEDDINGS are not much further behind!

Ramgator165March 07, 2022 04:10AM

I hate going to weddings..

sstrams93March 07, 2022 05:08AM

Waste of money..

SeattleRam97March 07, 2022 05:39AM

Even if the marriage lasts for 60 years.....

Ramgator108March 07, 2022 11:00AM

Being a photographer...

sstrams101March 07, 2022 11:52AM

Re: Being a photographer...

waterfield85March 07, 2022 01:35PM

Oh, no doubt, waterfield..

sstrams118March 07, 2022 01:48PM