Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids, grandkids, shouldn't grow up...

October 28, 2021 06:10AM
One of the most sorrowful things about your kids, grandkids, growing up is leaving behind your favorite TV Shows, Movies.

When my oldest grandson first began watching TV the hit was "Thomas The Tank Engine"... together we watched them all. Every evening we watched it. Live on TV, then we started buying the VHS's tapes. We had them all... and probably still do - put up in some box somewhere in storage. My grandson moved on, eventually... wasn't so easy for me. For some time after my grandson had moved on to SpongeBob I continued watching Thomas... alone, and with melancholy that my Thomas watching partner no longer cared about Thomas.

Moving on to my youngest Grandson... after doing the same as the above with different TV shows for my middle 5 grandkids. "Over The Hedge"... I couldn't possibly tell you how many times my youngest grandson and I watched "Over The Hedge"... a lot. Maybe telling you that he and I knew every line in the movie, beginning to end, gives you an idea of what I mean by a "Lot".

Today when I bring up the individual favorites to each of my grandkids they remember them fondly.... but they don't re-watch them. I do. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Kids, grandkids, shouldn't grow up...

JamesJM85October 28, 2021 06:10AM

had the "Thomas" intro song........

21Dog37October 28, 2021 06:25AM