Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One of my best days, today... ranch trip...

May 02, 2020 07:56PM
with my oldest grandson. We saw a few deer, one buck. We saw a Badger... that's RARE. We saw wild pigs. We saw a water snake. Several coyotes. As we were headed off the ranch, about sunset, we said to each other if we would have only seen a mountain lion and a rattlesnake it would have been perfect. Well, we didn't see a mountain lion... but just as we got to the gate to leave the ranch we saw a rattlesnake. Pretty good size too. 10 Rattlers.

We also saw, or rather experienced, some danger. laughing smiley I wasn't sure which dirt roads around the ranch had been scraped yet this year... over the winter they can get BAD. I took a seldom used road that looked ok at first.... then progressively got worse until it was covered in grass, and obviously no one had driven down it since last fall. Grass on steep slopes, as you may know, are like trying to drive down ice. We got sideways severals times... accompanied by some serious ass puckering. One of those things where you act brave while it's happening but you really aren't... but when you are safe again you high five each other with a "knew it all the time'. laughing smiley

I have been up to feed the cattle several times this year but today was the first time I climbed to the top. amazingly green up there still! More water than I expected it being a dry year.

Photo taken of my grandson on what we call "Lookout Point".... and no, we weren't hunting... we used the scope to spot deer and other critters.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

One of my best days, today... ranch trip... Attachments

JamesJM385May 02, 2020 07:56PM

Re: One of my best days, today... ranch trip...

SeattleRam141May 03, 2020 08:15AM

hehe, no....

JamesJM176May 03, 2020 08:28AM

You ever get any Big Horn Sheep on your ranch ?

IowaRam92May 03, 2020 08:32AM

Nope... and none really close either....

JamesJM102May 03, 2020 08:41AM