Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

moving isn't for the faint of heart (or seniors)

December 10, 2019 04:07AM
Mentioned in another post late last week that we were vacating our home of 27 yrs and moving across town. Last time we moved we got a group of friends together with pickups, trailers and a few beers (much to Mrs 21's chagrin).

This go 'round we hired a moving company for the big stuff. My cousin lent me a few of his hired men to help with the boxes. This phase of the operation went well (my sore back and legs aside). Never realized how much #### we accumulated in 27 yrs.

I was very meticulous in my planning. Had all the utilities scheduled for turning off and on and of course had the Best Buy (new TV) and Directv guys coming on Saturday, as well as the Comcast guy for the internet. Best laid plans of mice and men, right?

I go to the old house to pick up some stray stuff and the battery in my pickup is dead. While waiting for someone to give me a jump I noticed a card in the front door of the old house. It was from the Best Buy guy. He came to the wrong ####ing house. The glitch was with the scheduling person at the store.

So I get the truck started and go back to the old house and there's the Directv guy who can't do anything because the new TV isn't there, but he said to call him when it was installed. OK. Sounds good.

Best Buy guys show, install the TV and it doesn't work. In the meantime, I have to head off the Direct guy again. Best Buy guys return and install the second TV, which works. But now the Direct guy gets called to another job and can't get to me that day.

Sometime during all this the Comcast guy scheduled never shows. Complete no show, no call, no nothing.

Now I call Direct to reschedule. First appointment..........this coming Saturday, meaning this cranky @$$ old man missed watching his team play its best game of the year on Sunday night.

If the Sat (or sooner.....I'm going to make a call today) doesn't go well you might see me on the cable news outlets. "Angry old farmer goes berserk on TV technician. Details at 11."

Oh and I forgot to add that the city cut our water off by mistake so we had no H2O yesterday. Had to make a trip city hall to remedy that.

Ah yes....then the title company calls and says I made out check for home purchase for the wrong amount. We owed quit a bit more. No problem. I had the money, but it just added to the comedy or errors that involved in this move.

Never, ever again, unless it's to the old folks home.

A PS to this......called AAA to replace the truck battery on Sunday and they brought out the wrong battery.

Sorry about the length of this. A Reader's Digest version wasn't available.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2019 04:11AM by 21Dog.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

moving isn't for the faint of heart (or seniors)

21Dog112December 10, 2019 04:07AM

Re: moving isn't for the faint of heart (or seniors)

MamaRAMa112December 10, 2019 04:20AM

Re: moving isn't for the faint of heart (or seniors)

21Dog134December 10, 2019 04:37AM

so then, it went well.

JamesJM59December 10, 2019 05:57AM

Are we related, or something?

sstrams117December 10, 2019 05:57AM

There is a mandatory state law in Florida on moving.

Ramgator65December 12, 2019 02:48PM

Believe me, I have..

sstrams54December 12, 2019 03:22PM

I may be the exception....

JamesJM68December 12, 2019 03:30PM