Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why didn't any of you tell me how good...

December 29, 2016 10:47PM
the newest "Jungle Book" movie was? Incredible. Although, sorry to say, the 'theme song'... "Bare Necessities" was better in the original.. Phil Harris singing... it can't be topped. Which leads me to....

And I know you're going to doubt me here... I had never seen "Jungle Book", nor "read" it...sure I knew the song, it's a classic.. but the 'story'? Not a clue. Anyway.... it was wonderful, this new one.

The character.. not sure how to spell it, "Balloo"? Voiced by Bill Murray.. is fabulous. As are all the other characters.

As for King Louie, voiced by Christopher Walken... well, is Walken ever anything other than terrific?

Now a confession... last year during our annual Memorial day trip to Disneyland, (for my granddaughter's dance competition).. my grand kids had gone to see the movie in the theater in "Downtown Disney", (just outside Disneyland proper)... and they had been raving about the movie ever since. I didn't pay much attention... YES, they sometimes lead me to great things but they also lead me to things like those kid shows on DirecTV saying how hilarious they are, (excuse me while I puke)... so I wasn't all excited to see this new version of "Jungle Book"... I was wrong.. it is very, very good. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why didn't any of you tell me how good...

JamesJM448December 29, 2016 10:47PM

We can correct that very easily

IowaRam210December 30, 2016 06:31PM