Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forget DaVinci, Rembrandt, how do women...

December 23, 2016 02:10PM
wrap gifts? They bend, fold, tape (making it invisible), attach ribbons, bows, cards.... and it looks like it was photoshopped it's so perfect.

I just asked my granddaughter to give me a helping hand wrapping a gift.... a 'tip' maybe... I had begun the process. She can't help me... she's in the 10th minute of a hysterical laughing fit after seeing my progress. My daughter came in to see if it was salvageable. It wasn't.... so if that didn't hurt my feelings bad enough she then scolded me because she said the 'wrapping paper', get this, cost $7 a roll!!!!!! ONE FRIGGIN' ROLL is $7!!!! I used two, making the paper more valuable than the gift... welllll.....

actually I used 3 because the first 2 were destroyed beyond redemption. My wrapping paper had 'guidelines' on the backside... I think to provide a route to cut on... I couldn't follow it, try as I did. I think it was faulty scissors - probably - but I got around that by using my pocket knife.

The most difficult part, for me, was cutting out the little triangles, circles, and rectangles of wrapping paper to fit over the torn holes.

I'm skipping ribbon... won't even make the attempt.

I did attach a card... or whatever you call those things that say who the gift is for. I have not quite finished plugging all the holes... but I will... don't doubt it.

Did you notice I said 'one gift'... that's how many I wrap per year. One.... not quite unaided but for the most part my handiwork. I will finish this one sometime later this evening.... I'm thinking a shot of Crown Royal might help... or two. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Forget DaVinci, Rembrandt, how do women...

JamesJM485December 23, 2016 02:10PM

Re: Forget DaVinci, Rembrandt, how do women...

MamaRAMa255December 23, 2016 02:33PM

HEY, I've seen one of those....

JamesJM231December 23, 2016 02:37PM

Re: HEY, I've seen one of those....

MamaRAMa273December 23, 2016 02:51PM

Have I ever mentioned...

JamesJM234December 23, 2016 03:02PM

I wrap GREAT till.............

Ramgator392December 23, 2016 03:29PM

There are a few tricks and if you know them your gifts come out beautifully

LesBaker276December 25, 2016 05:58AM

I actually wrap pretty good...