Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Its unsettling

May 14, 2024 05:09PM
I know I'm in the minority, tinfoil hat club, but I think AI is going to make the internet look like a child's toy. I was too young to realize what the computer was capable of... too naive to know what the internet would turn into... but this seems so obvious. I feel like people are not really taking it seriously. I mean right now the technology is basically in its infancy... like the calculator is to the computer... but in a much larger and world changing way.

I do, or hire people, to do artwork... what takes me about an hour to do an AI program can do just as well in less than a minute. And this is with the calculator... wait until it grows up. Robotics and AI... my brain can barely comprehend it. That said... I am soooo looking forward to eating a Big Mac prepared properly. partially joking.

A team of engineers with years of intense schooling... takes months to design a structurally safe, aesthetically pleasing bridge... AI does it in minutes. Who gets the job? My daughter wants to be an engineer... seems like an obvious waste of time unless she wants to do it as a hobby. She is 14 now, at age 24... 10 years... how much will AI progress? There is LOADS of money to be made... a new revolutionary era... and when there is money to be made, advancement hastens. This is a joke because we are just monkeys trying to screw a football. I think the future is going to be amazing... but I don't think we are ready.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

US military's massive unmanned 'Manta Ray' submarine

SeattleRam122May 08, 2024 02:07PM

Re: US military's massive unmanned 'Manta Ray' submarine

SeattleRam52May 08, 2024 02:10PM

Re: US military's massive unmanned 'Manta Ray' submarine

Crazylegs53May 12, 2024 06:24AM

Its unsettling

Atlantic Ram35May 14, 2024 05:09PM

I couldn't open the article

ferragamo7940May 14, 2024 06:48AM

Re: I couldn't open the article