Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Games... I don't play them much...

March 06, 2024 08:05PM
There have been a few video games I played. I played one of the first, actually... text adventure game called "Cranston Manor". I remember playing "Kings Quest"... then "Myst".... I like the adventure games but they are few these days... supplanted by the "shoot 'em up" games... which I don't like at all and that's odd because I'm an avid target shooter with shotgun (trap) rifle and handgun.

There are others but they aren't coming to mind because I don't play them any more.

Board games - I used to like a few... Monopoly, Clue, Life, but I can't even recall the last time I played any of them.

Card games... used to LOVE Pinochle. Haven't played it in probably 20 years.

So my point... I have been into a couple, just a few, games of late... not sure, maybe the last 6 months? Every day, we almost never miss a day, my youngest daughter, my son, and I play 3 WORDLE games plus Connections and a new one (I think), called Strands. We play them every single day. Then compare. My daughter kicks my ass and my son's ass on a regular basis. She's a teacher and she has a strategy that WORKS!

Basically her strategy is consonant combo's... she doesn't worry about vowels. I, on the other hand, play vowels. I rarely beat her.

Know Wordle? This won't make sense to you if you don't... both my daughter and my son have got the puzzle right on their very FIRST guess. I have never done that... many times in two guesses but never in one. My daughter has done it twice. My son once but he missed once by changing his opening word for the first time ever ON THE VERY DAY that his normal first choice was the word. laughing smiley Oh man was he pissed. laughing smiley

Back to adventure games... I really wish they still created them. And they do, actually, but not the way I prefer... today they have "puzzles" you must solve to continue and they are completely unrelated to the theme of the game, so it's not the same. I kind of like them but... not the same.

I will never get into the shoot 'em up games.... not my thing. Which means... for the foreseeable future they aren't going to be creating the type of video games I prefer. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Games... I don't play them much...

JamesJM61March 06, 2024 08:05PM

I learned long ago that if I had video games..

sstrams36March 07, 2024 02:24AM

Love games...

SeattleRam25March 07, 2024 07:24AM