Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aviation... I'm not alone in the world.....

February 03, 2024 10:53AM
My entire life I have gone to airports to just park and watch planes takeoff and land. For those of you thinking I need an intervention know that you're not the first to suggest it. laughing smiley

So imagine my surprise when I discover, (quite a while back), YouTube channels that do nothing but show planes taxiing, taking off, landing, at major airports around the world. That's all they show... that's it... no plot, no story at all... just watching planes.... with a little commentary.

I'm just gonna go ahead and admit it... I have spent, still spend, hours watching these channels. It's not ALL I do, of course... but yes... sometimes I can spend 3, even 4 hours doing nothing other than watching planes.

As a private pilot it helps a lot that I'm familiar with nearly all the terminology.

The commentators... they're like me.... I had no idea any others existed until stumbling on these channels... ALTHOUGH... over the years I did start recognizing a few vehicles that would park near me at some local airports to watch the planes. I'm watching live action at LAX as I type this post. I'm addicted... and have not desire to be cured. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aviation... I'm not alone in the world.....

JamesJM45February 03, 2024 10:53AM

AirForce 1 coming into LAX....

JamesJM34February 03, 2024 11:27AM

Air Force One. I had the honor of being part of behind the scenes just over 3 years ago.

Ramgator23February 03, 2024 01:36PM

LOLOL That day / my jokes...

Ramgator23February 03, 2024 01:43PM

I've seen those vids..

sstrams21February 03, 2024 11:55AM

Yes, good point....

JamesJM29February 03, 2024 12:01PM