Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My oven wants to track me...

January 31, 2024 06:51PM
Had to get a new oven... it wants to track me, know my location. For some of you that will make sense... by that I mean you're aware that appliances can track you these days.... for you others, be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

I had to 'name' my new oven. The default name was "oven"..... I accepted the default. Seemed appropriate to me.

Got a notification about 30 minutes ago that "oven", (we're on a first name basis), was preheating. I went to check... my grandson was breaking it in... gonna bake a frozen pizza. 10 minutes ago I got a notification that his Pizza was done. Not sure I needed to know that.. having already eaten... but I can see where it might come in handy when one of my grandkids tries to 'sneak' cook another frozen pizza.

Got another notification... my washing machine, purchased a mere 3 months ago, wanted to have a word with me. It was the same brand as my new oven and the oven app had spotted my washing machine hiding in the laundry room.... washing machine wanted to know why I was ignoring him, maybe it's a her. Washing machine notification said "hello"... I was hesitant in replying.... but curiosity got the best of me, I replied, "Yes?"..... washing machine wanted to know where I was... I replied "home".... now my washing machine is tracking me.

I'm in my bedroom now but every so often I can hear little beeps, tech sounds... I can't say for sure but I think my oven and washing machine are texting each other.

I'm thinking about changing oven's name.... to R2D2.... and... you're ahead of me aren't you?... washing machine I'll dub C3PO. If I ever get my hand caught in the trash compactor maybe R2D2 can shut it down. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My oven wants to track me...

JamesJM80January 31, 2024 06:51PM

Re: My oven wants to track me...

SeattleRam40January 31, 2024 07:26PM

my head will remain empty, thank you..

sstrams39February 01, 2024 03:29AM

Re: I'm still laughing

waterfield41February 01, 2024 09:50AM