Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Most amazing human accomplishment? (engineering)

November 30, 2023 11:25AM
Landing on the Moon? That would probably be my choice if forced to pick one.... but frankly there are other achievements that amaze me as much... several in fact.

Here's one that probably didn't come to your mind - Hoover Dam. I saw a special on the Hoover Dam construction and I was in awe! I think that special is still available, (somewhere), so if you come across it watch it.... no doubt in my mind you'll be in awe as well.

The Great Pyramids - these shouldn't have been possible for humans... .not back then, and hell, even today! ALL the pyramids amaze me... not just those in Egypt. Mexico, Central America, South America... Giant Pyramids are as plentiful as crabgrass.

The Great Wall of China - I considered making this my #1 choice but there's a problem... when contemplating this achievement I discovered that it can't be contemplated. After just a few moments of trying to take it all in you find you can't... so you move on. Best evidence on earth for alien involvement.

Anyone think of the Panama Canal? It's worthy, I admit.. BUT... I'm including it here because while admittedly an incredible achievement it doesn't amaze me very much. One guy with a shovel and a very long lifespan could have done the same. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Most amazing human accomplishment? (engineering)

JamesJM75November 30, 2023 11:25AM

Bacon (nm)

SeattleRam35November 30, 2023 11:41AM

Pretty much everything you mentioned

ScRAM42November 30, 2023 11:49AM

I think I'd pick the Pyramids....

roman1845December 01, 2023 10:25AM

The Production of Yoko Ono's album!!! nm

Ramgator30December 01, 2023 02:24PM

Wine....and put me down for bacon too!

ferragamo7947December 01, 2023 03:38PM