Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Last week the Wichita Falls High School Coyotes..

November 22, 2023 06:45AM
played their last football game under that name.. The football program voted the number 1 high school football program in the history of Texas with 6 State Championships, is no more.. The school will close down at the end of this school year..

We fought it as hard as we possibly could.. we raised $30K to have a city wide election to allow the residents, who had been duped by the school board, to choose the names and mascots of the two new high schools.. Absolutely FREE to the city and school board.. and they shot it down..

The school board knows they pulled a fast one on the city and in no way shape or form were going to give that up.. Technically the bond that barley passed, which allowed the two new high schools to be built, didn't pass.. and it was misrepresented to the people here in town.. 90% of the people in town who voted to pass the bond would NOT have passed the bond had they known the names and mascots of the high schools would be "retired".. It was a complete and utter SHAM what the school board did and those members who voted to kill the names and mascots will be laughing all the way to their graves, which in my opinion, won't happen soon enough..

I am so disgusted by what was done.. the school board has already declared they will try to pass a junior high school bond in a few years.. I promise you I will NOT let the people of this town forget what was done to them.. I wish the school board LOTSA LUCK on getting their junior high school bond passed, cuz we'll NEVER let it happen..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SST. I lost track. What, if any, was the final call on your School's name? nm

Ramgator70November 22, 2023 06:12AM

Last week the Wichita Falls High School Coyotes..

sstrams48November 22, 2023 06:45AM

School Boards often do their own thing.

Ramgator49November 22, 2023 09:55AM

Yeah, I was told that when I first got involved

sstrams37November 22, 2023 02:39PM

City Of Jacksonville and Duval County (Jacksonville) School Board.

Ramgator41November 23, 2023 07:58AM